Role: Chief Executive Officer
- Canberra based – full time position
- Strategic acumen and vision the key to success
- An Identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Our client, The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that partners with communities to address the ongoing trauma caused by actions like the forced removal of children from their families. They focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions, through working closely with communities around the country.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced CEO, or other senior leader, to progress this Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation which is already playing a prominent role in providing culturally appropriate and healing informed programs of work to scale up the healing responses across Australia.
Reporting to the Board, and supported by the Executive Management team, the CEO delivers on the strategic objectives to develop a national vision and strategies for addressing trauma and healing. Your ability to inspire, lead and drive will be the key to your success in contributing to a significant cultural impact.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking:
- a proactive leader, with a strong political understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs who can both act as spokesperson for the Healing Foundation and successfully maintain relationships with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, government, businesses and our partner organisations
- strong people and leadership skills
- political understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs
- robust corporate governance
- successful track record in organisational structure and behaviour
- entrepreneurial mindset, with a background in fundraising/revenue raising, keen sense of informed risk, be financially savvy and a critical thinker
- exceptional communication skills; effective written skills and public speaking skills
- charisma and someone who truly delivers!
For a confidential conversation and/or further information, please call Tracie Carnovale at Carnovale Recruitment on 0404 979206 or email Tracie at email@example.com.