Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Canberra based – full time position
- Strategic acumen and vision the key to success
- An Identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
My client, The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that partners with communities to address the ongoing trauma caused by actions like the forced removal of children from their families. They focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions, through working closely with communities around the country.
We are looking for an experienced executive or senior manager with an established reputation, to lead a passionate, high-performing Executive team. This role would appeal to a senior manager who is looking to move into an Executive role. You may already be an Executive and have a passion to contribute your skills and expertise with empowering the Stolen Generations, their descendants, and the wider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population, with healing know how.
Experience in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing sector is crucial, as your knowledge and deep understanding of the sector will enhance your success. Specifically, The Deputy CEO will work in partnership with the CEO to manage the operational aspects of The Healing Foundation ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources, management of risk and ongoing reporting and monitoring to deliver on nationally critical organisational objectives.
The Deputy CEO will ensure the efficient and effective use of resources, management of risk and ongoing reporting and monitoring to deliver on organisational objectives. The Deputy CEO will:
- work in a collaborative approach with the Senior Management Team to create and implement the annual operating plan including setting goals and targets
- serve as the internal leader of the organisation to oversight the performance and delivery of each of The Healing Foundations three (4) operational teams
- in consultation with the CEO, coordinate the annual operations plan and budget, lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals; and
- provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence supporting national and regional operations and foster a collaborative approach among all staff.
The successful applicant will be provided with a generous base salary, a supportive Board, Executive and Senior Management Team. This position is based in Canberra.
For more information and a copy of a detailed position description, please call Tracie at Carnovale Recruitment on 0404 979 206. You can then send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Sunday 17 May 2020