Role: DEPUTY MANAGER, CORPORATE SERVICES
My client, The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that partners with communities to address the ongoing trauma caused by actions like the forced removal of children from their families. They focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions, through working closely with communities around the country.
The successful person will be highly organised, have strong managerial experience and an ability to confidently make high level decisions. You will have respect for the Stolen Generations and an ability to work in an environment where trauma and healing issues are discussed.
As a senior member of the team, we are looking for an experienced Corporate Services professional to manage human resources, corporate governance, accounting and administration management, financial management, contract management, building facilities, IT and system development, procurement, and related support activities. You will ensure the provision of high level systems and services for all functions within The Healing Foundation. Your role will include:
- Providing strategic input and guidance in relation to the annual operational plan; maintaining, monitoring and reporting on progress against the plan
- Provide guidance and assist in the management of the corporate functions
- Timely strategic advice on financial and related risks and oversee the efficient use of The Healing Foundations resources
- Provide financial reports on company performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of The Healing Foundations ICT systems
This role would appeal to an experienced Corporate Services manager who has:
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing and leading a team
- Excellent sense of initiative, ability to set priorities and work under pressure with accuracy and dedication
- Ability to plan and execute ideas, deliver results and manage change
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write concise and straight forward material
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
You will have:
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in financial, budgeting, and administration management
- At least five (5) years’ experience at a senior level with a record of success in human resources and financial management
- Proven track record of achieving results in a corporate or a non-profit environment, with demonstrated success in developing policies, procedures and processes and building systems and tools to support the organisation
- Experience in implementing change management processes;
- Experience in project management and related financial reporting;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance related degree
- CPA or CA qualification
The successful applicant will be provided with a generous base salary and a supportive executive team. This position is based in Canberra.
For more information and a copy of a detailed position description, please call Tracie on 0404 979206 at Carnovale Recruitment.
You can then send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.