Role: Director, Programs
- Canberra based – full time position
- Strategic acumen and vision the key to success
- An Identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Our client, The Healing Foundation (THF) is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that partners with communities to address the ongoing trauma caused by actions like the forced removal of children from their families. They focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions, through working closely with communities around the country.
The successful person will be outcomes oriented and highly motivated to deliver programs. You will have respect for the Stolen Generations and their descendants and an ability to work in an environment where heavy trauma issues are discussed with survivors. Experience in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing sector is crucial, as your knowledge and deep understanding of the sector will enhance your success.
We are looking for an experienced Program/Project Manager with an established reputation to:
- Research, plan, develop and implement The Healing Foundation’s programs and be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program
- Lead the development and implementation of The Healing Foundation’s program strategy and key methodologies
- Provide leadership in the development of culturally appropriate stakeholder engagement processes
- Build strong and trusting relationships with Indigenous communities and organisations, Governments, academic institutions and other stakeholders
- Lead the development of The Healing Foundation initiatives to diversify its funding
- Lead and empower the Programs team members to operate as a dispersed yet high performing team
This role would appeal to a senior program manager who is looking to move into an Executive role or an experienced Program Director wanting to be part of a high performing Executive team to assist with empowering the Stolen Generations, their descendants, the wider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population, as well the health and wellbeing sector with knowledge and evidence about trauma and healing.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or a related field
- Significant demonstrated professional experience running national programs (preferably in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing sector)
- Experience in managing programs, within a not for profit organisation
The successful applicant will be provided with a generous base salary, and a supportive board, executive and senior management team. This position is based in Canberra.
For more information and a copy of a detailed position description, please call Tracie Carnovale at Carnovale Recruitment on 0404 979206. You can then send your covering letter and resume to email@example.com.
Closing date is Friday 5 April 2020