Role: DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC & PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS
My client, The Healing Foundation (THF) is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that partners with communities to address the ongoing trauma caused by actions like the forced removal of children from their families. They focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions, through working closely with communities around the country.
The successful person will lead a passionate, creative and high-functioning team to share the narrative of our nation’s trauma and healing journeys, empowering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, governments, key stakeholders and the wider Australian population with trauma and healing evidence and know-how. Experience in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing sector is crucial, as your knowledge and deep understanding of the sector will enhance your success.
We are looking for an experienced Communications specialist with an established reputation. This role would appeal to a senior communications manager who is looking to move into an Executive role and be part of a high performing Executive team. Or, you may already be an Executive in the Communication field and have a passion to assist with empowering the Stolen Generations, their descendants, and the wider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or a related field
- Significant demonstrated professional experience in corporate and community communications (preferably in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing sector)
- Proven experience with strategic planning, messaging strategy, corporate communications, public relations, brand development, content development, writing, web and social media, project management, presentation development
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and manage strategic communications plans and long-term projects that deliver strategic outcomes
- Experience managing communications resources, including budgets, internal and external relationships
The successful applicant will be provided with a generous base salary and a supportive executive team. This position is based in Canberra.
For more information and a copy of a detailed position description, please call Tracie on 0404 979206 at Carnovale Recruitment.
You can then send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 5 April 2020