Sheep Producers Australia is an Australian sheep industry leading the world in the quality of products, excellence in animal and environmental care and capability of their producers. Sheep Producers Australia provide strategic leadership for Australia’s sheep industry that supports a productive, profitable, and sustainable future.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager, Policy will be responsible for the development and effective delivery of policy advice and reports on strategic priority matters that will influence national and international debate and inform government, industry and service providers. Working closely with the CEO to ensure levy expenditure on research, extension and adoption supports advancement of industry policy priorities.
To be successful in this position, you will have experience in:
- Policy – lead the development and executive of strategic policy priorities and work
- Advocacy and Stakeholder Relations – develop and manage strategic government, industry and political relationships, maintaining and growing a strong professional working relationship with stakeholders
- Organisation/Management – provide input into and support the implementation of the communications strategy to ensure communication and policy objectives are consistent across the organisation
- Committee/Council meetings, project management and governance
- Qualifications – Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (law, business, economics, agriculture or similar)
This is a fantastic career opportunity – agriculture is a major contributor to the Australian national economy. Working in a small agricultural industry organisation gives you the opportunity to be a major contributor to, and influencer in, the industry. Working closely with the stakeholders, the CEO and Board gives you an elevated level of engagement which gives you an advantage to gain significantly more knowledge and skills to enhance your career.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please call Tracie Carnovale on 0404979206 for a confidential chat. To obtain a detailed position description, please email Tracie – email@example.com
This position closes on Monday, 29 May.